Posted on January 1, 2012
Utah limits the transportation of ammunition into or within correctional facilities, mental health facilities and institutions of higher education.1 For more information, see the Utah Location Restrictions section.
Utah does not:
- Prohibit the possession of ammunition by individuals prohibited from possessing firearms;
- Require a license for the sale of ammunition;
- Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers;
- Require a license to purchase or possess ammunition; or
- Prohibit the possession, transfer or use of armor-piercing or other unreasonably dangerous ammunition, although the federal prohibition on certain kinds of armor-piercing ammunition applies.
See our Ammunition Regulation policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.
- Utah Code Ann. §§ 76-8-311.1 and 76-8-311.3. [↩]